Burundi rejects inquiry
In a statement dated 15 November 2017, the Secretary General and spokesperson of the government of Burundi, Philippe Nzobonariba stated that the government of Burundi rejects the opening of the investigation by the ICC in the situation of Burundi and complained that the government of Burundi was only informed via the media. The government of Burundi strongly believes the opening of an investigation in the situation of Burundi is part of an international conspiracy. According to the statement, the government of Burundi will resist the ICC as it resisted the African Union protection mission MAPROBU and other decisions it characterizes as unfair. The Burundi government said the destabilization stems from the EU agenda and congratulated President Museveni of Uganda and President Magufuli of Tanzania for their solidarity with Burundi.
CNARED to boycott the inter-Burundi talks
In a statement dated 15 November 2017, the opposition coalition CNARED indicated that it was informed of a new session of the inter-Burundian dialogue to take place in Arusha 26 November to 8 December 2017. The CNARED regrets the cancellation of a consultation meeting scheduled in Helsinki for18 and 19 November 2017.
According to the CNARED, the forthcoming session in Arusha will be attended by a select group is aimed at the repatriation of the peace process. They belive that this would kill the Arusha peace agreement, and will boycott it as a result.
Constitutional amendments report kept from the public
The eight month period that was given to the commission charged with amending a draft constitution came to an end on 15 November. However the opposition and civil society are least pleased with the commission which kept the report from the public. Of the 307 articles in the constitution, 77 are proposed to be amended. Some of these amendments include provisions that the president would be elected by universal suffrage and can only be deposed in the case of treason. The president will be assisted by a vice president of an ethnic or independent party that is different from that of the president.
Human rights violations
- On 9 November 2017, Francoise Kwizera was arrested in Makebuko by the head of the national intelligence service of Gitega.
- On 11 November 2017, an unidentified young man was killed by unknown individuals at Rugombo.
- On 12 November 2017, a seventy-year-old, Jérôme Ntamavukiro, was killed at Gatongati Hill, in the District of Rutana.
- On 12 November 2017, an armed attack by unidentified gunmen at Ndava hill in the District of Giheta resulted in four individuals being wounded while five persons were wounded at Kaguhu hill of the same district.
- On 12 November 2017, the dead bodies of two fishermen Hassan Uwezo and Dupfiki were recovered on the shore of Lake Tanganyika in Rumonge.
- On 13 November 2017, the dead body of an unidentified man was recovered at Kirasa river in the District of Kabezi.
- On 13 November 2017, the corpse of Cyrille Banyankiki was recovered in Kavumu in the District of Cankuzo.
- On 13 November 2017, the dead body of an unidentified person was recovered in Kirasa in the District of Kabezi.
- On 14 November 2017, four dead bodies were seen floating in Rusizi river at Rugombo
- On 14 November 2017, the dead body of Buringo was recovered at Rwasazi in Muramvya
- On 16 November 2017, Egide Alex Barakamfitiye was arrested by the NIS agents in Bujumbura. Relatives belive this was as a result of his frequent trips to Rwanda.
 See, http://burundi.gov.bi/spip.php?article2999